Access to healthcare just got easier
“The sites have been revamped to ensure that our patients access the care they need as quickly as possible, and as close to home as possible,” Tāmaki Health COO Josh Stent says.
Now, patients are able to access a range of helpful new features via the websites, including live checks on clinic wait times, location of allied health services, and after hours’ charges.
Website features include:
- clinic search by location
- a wait-time indicator for each clinic
- fast and easy online enrolment for new patients
- search filter options, such as ‘Open weekends’, ‘Female doctor’, ‘24-hours’ and ‘Accessible’
- a price ‘calculator’ dependent on circumstances, eg, time of day or if the patient has a Community Services Card
- a link to the online patient portal ManageMyHealth so registered patients can readily access their blood test results and order repeat prescriptions
- a search option for clinics that include co-located services, such as pharmacy, dental, physio and X-ray, allowing patients to make one-stop-shop visits
- full details of services available at each clinic
- information about common health conditions
- answers to frequently asked questions
- profiles on some doctors at each clinic
The design of the two websites relied heavily on important feedback from clinic staff throughout the PHO.
Mike Frederickson, who manages communications and marketing for Tāmaki Health, says: “Clinical coordinators, in particular, along with regional managers provided really constructive input to ensure the sites worked well for both patients and our healthcare team.”
New Total Healthcare PHO and Tāmaki Health websites are also due to launch soon.